Logan man’s death investigated as possible CO poisoning
A Logan man found dead inside his home Sunday night may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The man’s daughter and her fiancee discovered a strong odor of gas and fumes inside the home on the 1200 block of Windrim Avenue and called 911, NBC10 reports. They went to the home to check on his welfare after he earlier had failed to show up for church services.
Firefighters noted high carbon monoxide readings upon their arrival. They found the man dead inside a second-floor bedroom after venting the home. which reportedly was not equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.
Investigators from Philadelphia Fire Department and Philadelphia Gas Works were looking at a heater as the possible cause of the man’s death, according to the report.