Fire damages Center City apartment building
A fast-moving fire damaged an apartment building in Center City on Tuesday morning.
The fire happened just after midnight on the 100 block of North 21st Street, 6ABC Action News reports. Philadelphia firefighters arrived to heavy smoke coming from the building.
The fire reportedly started in a dryer in the building’s basement.
Neighboring homes were evacuated, but residents were able to return. It took about 15 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the blaze.