Public hearings begin on SEPTA budget, fare hikes
SEPTA will begin a series of 10 public hearings regarding the transportation authority’s proposed fiscal year 2014 operating budget and potential new fare hikes Monday in Delaware County.
Hearings will be held in each of the five counties served by SEPTA buses, trolleys and trains.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Delaware County: Delaware County Court House, County Council Meeting Room, 201 W. Front St., Media. Sessions begin at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Montgomery County: Montgomery County Human Services Center, Community Room, Main Floor, 1430 DeKalb Pike, Norristown. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Philadelphia: SEPTA headquarters, Board Room, 1234 Market St. Sessions at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Friday, Chester County: West Chester Borough Hall, County Chambers, 401 E. Gay St., West Chester. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Monday, April 22, Bucks County: Bucks County Free Library, Pearl Buck Room, 150 S. Pine St., Doylestown, Pa. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.