(Updated) Man sought since spring arrested for Charlestown murder
A 21-year-old Charlestown man who was gunned down earlier this year was trying to break up a fight between two people, authorities said.
Pablo Flores, Jr., 20, of Charlestown, pleaded not guilty on Thursday for the murder of Steven Jones near Monument Avenue and Medford Street in May. He was ordered held without bail.
Police obtained a warrant to arrest Flores in May and a grand jury indicted him in June.
Flores was finally tracked down on Wednesday in Dorchester. When police showed up at the home, Flores allegedly fled to the basement where he hid and gave a fake name, authorities said.
Follow Michael Naughton on Twitter @metrobosmike.