Extension cord fire kills Brooklyn woman, 82, in Brighton Beach
A fire sparked by an extension cord killed an 82-year-old woman in her Brooklyn home early Saturday morning, officials said.
Police said Feyga Geyman was found unconscious inside her Brighton Beach home around 2:40 a.m. after firefighters extinguished a blaze there.
Geyman, who had burn trauma, was pronounced dead at the apartment.
Her 85-year-old husband was rushed to Staten Island University North Hospital with burn trauma to his hands, police said.
Fire marshals determined the blaze was caused by a an extension cord used to power multiple large appliances, the FDNY said.
Follow Anna Sanders on Twitter @AnnaESanders