MAP: Free outdoor swimming pools in New York City
View Free outdoor pools in New York City in a larger map
Summer’s here — time to take a dip in one of New York City’s free outdoor swimming pools.
Outdoor pool season starts Friday and runs through Sept. 1. The pools are open daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with a break for cleaning between 3 and 4 p.m.
And be sure to check out our map of the city’s public beaches.
Here are some outdoor pool tips/rules from the Parks Department:
– Swimsuits must be warn in in the pool area (officials may check men’s shorts for lining)
– Plain white shirts and hats can be worn, but no shirts with colors are allowed on deck
– It’s safer for kids not to use floaties in the pools
– Babies and toddlers can put on swim diapers before going into the water
– Bring a stroller at your own risk
– Leave food, glass bottles, electronic devices and newspapers at home
Follow Anna Sanders on Twitter @AnnaESanders