Subway services changes coming to E, F, M, R trains next week
Subway service changes are coming to four lines nights next week.
E, F, M and R train service will be affected by the weeknight changes from late Monday to Friday morning, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The disruptions, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive nights, are part of the MTA’s FASTRACK subway maintenance, cleaning and repair program.
During that time, E trains won’t run between the Roosevelt Avenue station in Jackson Heights, Queens, and World Trade Center station.
The F line will be suspended between Roosevelt Avenue and 21 Street -Queensbridge.
M service between 71 Avenue and Essex Street will end early each night.
R service will also end early, between 71 Avenue and Whitehall Street.
The MTA has suggested alternatives:
– Take the 7 or N trains between Manhattan and Queens.
– Along Eigth Avenue, riders can take the A local or C instead of the E.
– Along 53rd Street, the D and nearby 6 and N stations are available.
– Free shuttle buses will also run locally between Queensboro Plaza and 74 Street-Roosevenlt Avenue, making stops at Queens Plaza, 36 Street, Steinway Street, 46 Street, Northern Boulevard and 65 Street.
– Riders can also take the R between Queens Plaza and 71 Avenue and use E local trains between Roosevelt Avemue and 71 Avenue after 10 p.m.
For more information, click here.
Follow Anna Sanders on Twitter @AnnaESanders