MAP: New York City Street Closures August 22, 23 and 24
View NYC Street Closures: August 22, 23, 24 in a larger map
The Percy Sutton Harlem 5K and NYC Family Health Walk-a-thon and Pakistan Day Parade and Fair will cause traffic delays and street closures in New York City this weekend. Plan accordingly.
The Department of Transportation and NYPD said there may be residual delays near all of the street closures on August 22, 23 and 24. Closures and delays may also occur before and after events during setup at 8 a.m. or breakdown before 7 p.m.
Friday, August 22
Fifth Avenue between Sterling Place and Dean Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 5 to 10 p.m. for DOT Weekend Walks North Slope Summer Strolls.
Saturday, August 23
The Percy Sutton Harlem 5K and NYC Family Health Walk-a-thon will close several streets along and near the route in Harlem between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. Here’s the route:
- St. Nicholas Avenue between West 127th Street and West 141st Street
- West 141st Street between Edgecombe Avenue and Convent Avenue
- Edgecombe Avenue between West 135th Street and West 141st Street
- Bradhurst Avenue between West 141st Street and West 145th Street
- West 145th Street between Bradhurst Avenue and Edgecombe Avenue
- Edgecombe Avenue between West 145th Street and West 155th Street
- West 155th Street between Edgecombe Avenue and St. Nicholas Place
- St. Nicholas Place between West 155th Street and West 150th Street
- West 150th Street between St. Nicholas Place and Convent Avenue
- Convent Avenue between West 150th Street and 140th Street/St. Nicholas Terrace
- St. Nicholas Terrace between West 140th Street and West 127th Street
- West 127th Street between St. Nicholas Terrace and St. Nicholas Avenue
Expect closures and delays in this area.
The New York City Police Department has announced street closures for the “We Will Not Go Back” March and Rally in Staten Island.The following streets will be closed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Bay Street from Hannah Street to Richmond Terrace
- Little Bay Street from Victory Boulevard to Bay Street
- Victory Boulevard from Jersey Street to Bay Street
- St. Mark’s Place from Victory Boulevard to Hyatt Street
- Stuyvesant Place from Bay Street to Wall Street
- Schuyler Street from Stuyvesant Place to Richmond Terrace
- Richmond Terrace from Bay Street to Westervelt Avenue
- Wall Street from St. Mark’s Place to Richmond Terrace
- Hamilton Avenue from Richmond Terrace to Stuyvesant Place
Buhre Avenue between Crosby Avenue and Jarvis Avenue in The Bronx will be closed from Noon to 5 p.m. for the DOT Weekend Walks Pelham Bay Merchants Association.
Sunday, August 24
Eighth Avenue between West 42nd Street and West 57th Street will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the 8th Avenue Festival.
The Pakistan Day Parade and Fair will close streets along and near its route in Manhattan from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The parade route will run along Madison Avenue between 38th Street and 27th Street. he festival will take place on Madison Avenue between 23rd Street and 27th Street. Expect closures and delays in these areas.
Streets along and near Graham Avenue between Grand Street and Broadway in Brooklyn will be closed from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m for the Brooklyn Dominican Parade.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. there will be delays and closures along and near Brighton Beach Avenue in Brooklyn will be for the 39th Annual Brighton Jubilee.
Sixteenth Avenue between 42nd Street and 45th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for DOT Weekend Walks Community Street Fair.