The Word: Jennifer Lawrence makes a young fan’s year (VIDEO)
Could Jennifer Lawrence just, for 30 seconds, stop being the best? It’s really setting the bar way too high for the rest of us. I am the best, like, 90 percent of the time, but in that remaining 10 percent I am a hungry, cranky monster who insists on wearing yoga pants in public.
But no. Even at, presumably, a moment of great stress, Jennifer is graceful and kind, as you can see in the video below. The Oscar-winning star was walking the red carpet for the U.K. premiere of “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” when she spotted a young fan crying. She interrupted the interview she was in the middle of, ducked past the security barrier, and spent a minute comforting the little girl, hugging her and posing for pictures for her mum.
Whatever. I totally would have done the same. I might have done it in yoga pants, but still.
When she’s not pleasing fans first-hand, Jennifer is pleasing the Internet by proving amenable to its demands that she play a young Han Solo. “Oh my God, that’s awesome. Can I do that?” she told Slashfilm when she learned of the movement to cast her in the role.