Was Brittany Murphy poisoned?
When Brittany Murphy died suddenly in 2009, the official cause of death was pneumonia and anemia. Most people assumed that, in the case of a super-skinny, erratic starlet, that was a euphemism for death by drug abuse. When her husband, Simon Monjack, died just five months later of the same cause — pneumonia and anemia — that fit in neatly with the theory.
However, Murphy’s father, Angelo Bertolotti, wasn’t satisfied. He recently secured the rights to send samples of Murphy’s hair and tissue to a lab for independent testing. The Examiner has the lab report, and it tells a shockingly different story.
Ten of the heavy metals evaluated were detected at levels higher than the WHO [World Health Organization] high levels. Testing the hair strand sample identified as “back of the head” we have detected 10 heavy metals at levels above the WHO high levels recommendation. If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent.
Heavy metals such as those found at high levels in Murphy’s body are often present in rat poison and insecticides. They can cause all of the symptoms that Murphy and Monjack suffered before their deaths.
So what really happened to the couple? Was it foul play? Or some sort of accidental exposure? Murphy’s father wants to find out.
“We would like the investigation opened again to discover who did it. So as not to jeopardize the new investigation, I can’t say who I suspect as of yet,” he told the New York Daily News.