Capture the Moment
Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs at the National Constitution Center is a comprehensive exhibition of Pulitzer Prize-winning photographs ever assembled.
Organized chronologically, the Pulitzer-winning photographs are displayed as 20- x 30-inch and 30- x 40-inch prints throughout the exhibition. Photograph highlights include:
- U.S. Marines raising an American flag on Iwo Jima, photographed by Joe Rosenthal
- Babe Ruth watching his number being retired at Yankee Stadium, photographed by Nathaniel Fein
- Jack Ruby’s assassination of Lee Harvey Oswald, photographed by Robert H. Jackson
- A grieving Coretta Scott King consoling her daughter, photographed by Moneta Sleet Jr.
- A joyful family reunion after the release of Vietnam POW Col. Robert L. Stirm, photographed by Slava Veder
- A poignant portrait series of 21-year-olds across America, reflecting a diversity of backgrounds and futures, photographed by John Kaplan
- Two rebel soldiers in Syria guarding their position as light streams through more than a dozen holes made by bullets and shrapnel in the tin wall behind them
Visitors also can view a 19-minute video titled A Glimpse of Life: The Pulitzer Photographs. Created by the Newseum, this original documentary features interviews with more than a dozen Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalists revealing, in their own words, the stories behind some of the most famous news photographs of all time. The video offers visitors a compelling and personal look at the combination of elements — patience, timing, planning, persistence, skill, luck—that create Pulitzer Prize-winning photographs.
The exhibition is updated annually and includes every winner since the Pulitzer board began awarding the photography prize in 1942.
Capture the Moment is included in the cost of general museum admission, which includes The Story of We the People exhibition, the award-winning theatrical production Freedom Rising, and Signers’ Hall.
Admission prices: $14.50 for adults, $13 for seniors ages 65 and over, and $8 for children ages 4-12. Active military personnel and children ages 3 and under are free. Group rates also are available.
Capture the Moment
Event Category: Exhibit
When: October 11, 2013 ~ December 11, 2013
Where: National Constitution Center
More Info: http://constitutioncenter.org/