What is the Nexus 5? Five rumors about the upcoming smartphone
Android fans and people looking for iPhone alternatives can’t wait for the Nexus 5. Google’s newest phone is expected to be released by the end of the month. Watch the above video to see a leaked demo of the Nexus 5 and read up on a few basic things you should know about the upcoming LG-built handset.
1. It will run on Android 4.4 KitKat: The Nexus 5 will be the first smartphone to run on Android 4.4 KitKat. The new operating system hasn’t been released yet but it’s expected to be a more polished version of its predecessor. Changes may include a camera button in the lockscreen and more room for app icons, according to CNET.
2. It will look different from the Nexus 4: Leaked photos show that the Nexus 5 is slightly squarer than the Nexus 4 and has a rubber back, according to blog Tutto Android. It will have a 5-inch HD display screen, reports BGR.
3. It may have touchless control: According to Tutto Android, saying the magic phrase “OK Google” will allow you to do things like check the weather, call your friends or send an e-mail without lifting a finger.
4. It’s cheap: The phone may start at just $299 off contract, reports BGR. Compare that to the iPhone 5C, which costs $549 off contract.
5. It takes great photos: The rear camera will boast 8 megapixels and optical image stabilization. The phone will also have a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front of the handset, reports BGR.