Making Healthy Meals With One of Oprah’s Favorite Things
Keep calm stay-at-home moms, you don’t have to wait until the holidays to get a glimpse of some of Oprah’s favorite things. Oprah has taken to her personal Instagram account to share her latest obsession, the T-Fal ActiFry. The T-Fal ActiFry is a new multicooker that can turn your guilty favorites into healthful dishes. Whether it’s meat, vegetables, or grain, the ActiFry promises to cut the calories. Even Oprah admits that the multicooker managed to use only a tablespoon of oil while cooking an entire plate of French fries. See? Now if you can’t trust Oprah, who can you trust?
Below is an easy recipe that you can replicate with your T-Fal ActiFry.
Warm Asparagus & Green Bean Salad
Serve: 4 people
3/4 lb fresh green beans
1 bunch thin asparagus, about 3/4 lb
1/2 ActiFry Spoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
1/2 lemon juiced and zested
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1 slice of ham, diced, optional
1. Wash and trim the green beans and asparagus, and cut into about 1 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Add the green beans and asparagus to the pan and drizzle with 1/d ActiFry spoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Cook for 12 minutes, until the beans and asparagus are crisp-tender.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Meanwhile whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, extra virgin olive oil and dill in a mixing bowl.
5. Toss the vegetables with the dressing. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Top each serving with diced hard boiled eggs and or ham as desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.