Broncos’ fans: Show your pride and serve these grilled shishito peppers
Steve Redzikowski, chef/owner of OAK at Fourteenth in Boulder and the recently opened hotspot, Acorn in Denver lets us in on a local favorite. Since Colorado has long been known for their pepper selections, Redzikowski came up with this delicious — and rather sophisticated — appetizer for your Super Bowl party.
Grilled Shishito Peppers with Harissa sauce
8 Each shishito peppers
¼ C. Feta cheese
1) Make a small cut in each pepper and stuff with feta.
2) Skewer on tooth picks or metal skewers.
3) Place on grill and cook until lightly charred.
4) Remove from heat and serve with Harissa sauce (see recipe below for Harissa).
1 C. Piquillo peppers
1 Ancho chili
3 T. Olive oil
1 Garlic clove
1 Chili darbol
1 t. Cumin seed
1 t. Coriander seed
S&P to taste
1) Place chili’s in water to hydrate.
2) Once tender remove seeds and stems.
3) Place chili and all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
4) Place in dish and reserve to serve with peppers.