Not motivated to exercise? There’s an app for that — Nexercise
Many people, if they were being perfectly honest, would say that they are at least a few pounds heavier than they’d like to be, but lack time or motivation to exercise. Nexercise is an app that can help.
Ben Young, founder of the app, said that he struggled with his weight in his college years, but eventually found inspiration.
“I was on vacation in Jamaica, and there was this guy on the beach who was ripped.” Young said. “He told me he had never been to a gym, he just stays active — rock climbing and stuff like that. So eventually I lost the weight and it got me thinking.”
Nexercise is free to download, and you can connect with your friends in order to set up a friendly competition. You earn points on the app by doing physical activities, from crunches to pushups to something as trivial as walking the dog. Eventually, if you earn enough points you can redeem them for discounts from places like Amazon and Best Buy.
“It all boils down to motivation,” says Young, “Only about 20 percent of people are self-motivated, the other 80 percent are not. This app helps.”