Fatal building collapse committee to hold fourth hearing Thursday
The fourth of five hearings of the special investigative committee on demolitions in Philadelphia will be held Thursday morning.
The five-member committee, appointed by City Council President Darrell Clarke, is charged with examining what went wrong during the fatal building collapse at 22nd and Market streets on June 5 that killed six and injured 13.
This meeting, which will focus on best practices, starts tomorrow at 11 a.m. in Council Chambers, room 400, City Hall.
The following are scheduled to testify:
· Bennett Levin, former L&I Commissioner (1991-1995)
· Fran Burns, former L&I Commissioner (2008-2012)
· Larry Gallo, Chief of Staff, International Safety Group
· Joseph Albunio, International Safety Group
· Michael R. Taylor, CAE, Executive Director, National Demolition Association
· Mihran Richard Nalbandian, Professor at University of Pennsylvania
· Julian M. Toneatto, Ph.D., P.E., P.P., Adler Engineers, Inc.
· Mitchell Swann, PE, LEED AP, President, Engineers Club
· Stephen W. Pouppirt, President, Clemens Construction, Inc.
· Noel Campbell, Demolition Contractor
· Harry Weidemeyer, Demolition Contractor
· Donald E. Ashton, WSO-CSM, Director of Safety, General Building Contractors Association
· William A. Graham, CEO, The Graham Company
· Mark Troxell, Safety Director, The Graham Company
· Jerry Vallery, Contract Support Systems, Inc.
· Kaseen Ali, Safety First, Inc.
· Robert J. Mongeluzzi, Esq., Construction Accident Attorney