At least 13 residents displaced by Delaware County fire
At least 13 people and more than a dozen pets were displaced by a fire that broke out in a row home in Upland, Delaware County, early Tuesday morning.
Investigators believe the fire, which impacted two row homes, started in an electric space heater in a bedroom, NBC10 reports.
All of the people in the two homes, as well as three cats, escaped the flames without injury, but authorities say at least 15 other cats were trapped in a basement, according to the report.
The fire started about 4 a.m. in a home on the 800 block of Upland Avenue. It was brought under control by about 6 a.m.
The American Red Cross was on scene to provide assistance to those affected by the blaze. Animal control officers were called to rescue the trapped cats.