Carlos Ortiz, Aaron Hernandez's alleged accomplice, claims that “other football players” besides Hernandez hung out at Hernandez’s “flop house” in Franklin, Mass.
The Old West Central Street condo was searched by investigators last month and ammunition and evidence linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd was found.
Ortiz claims that “other football players” besides Hernandez crashed at the apartment but the “unofficial neighborhood watchdog” at the Franklin complex told USA Today that that was not the case.
“I never saw any other players around here,” Bailey told the newspaper. “It was mostly just Aaron Hernandez and (Ernest Wallace).”
Boston Globe sports columnist Dan Shaughnessy asked Patriots head coach Bill Belichick specifically about the Franklin condo and players on his current roster on Wednesday.
“With the players that you have here now, is there any effort to either discover from them or keep them away from the place that Aaron had in Franklin? Are you actively trying to figure out who was there and keep guys away from there?,” Shaughnessy asked.
Belichick, who was for the most part forthright in his answers about Hernandez, did not dodge the question.
“We have absolutely done as much work as we can on finding out things like that and we’ll try to get all the information that we can as that would apply to any current situation, which I can’t talk about, but we absolutely are trying to do that, yes,” Belichick said.
Follow Metro Boston sports editor Matt Burke on Twitter @BurkeMetroBOS