In what appears to be a tragic case of anaphylactic shock, a German tourist was stung by a bee at a gas station in Turkey and died just minutes later.
In surveillance footage posted to LiveLeak yesterday, the man can be seen pulling up to the gas station on a scooter. He reacts when something stings him on the neck. Minutes later, he enters the convenience store and becomes visibly distressed, and he needs to rest on the ground.
The video does not show him receiving medical attention, but the user who posted it wrote: "Unfortunately, he dies after medical attention."
Anaphylaxis can be the result of an allergic reaction to bee stings. It leads to an itchy rash, throat swelling, low blood pressure and death if it is not treated with the proper treatment, like an epinephrine injection.