Jason Evenchik just opened Heritage in Northern Liberties, and is currently tweaking its menu and live jazz schedule. But he’s still found time for his other spots. Evenchik bought out his partners in Growlers in Bella Vista and it putting together a new menu of "chef-driven, neighborhood pub fare with love," with help from the chef, Michael Thomas, and manager Cory Elmi, brother of “Top Chef” Nick Elmi. Evenchik's Time in Midtown Village just got a new chef in Mackenzie Hilton. The last Time chef, Danielle Harrison, is currently competing on “Hell’s Kitchen.”
April 11 will be the last day for Chickie's Italian Deli at 10th and Federal. After 22 years, Chickie's property just sold and an unnamed restaurant moves in shortly. After 32 years at 18th and Lombard, Tangier closed in 2014. It was bought by Peter Hwang of Oh So Good, who’s opening SouthGate, with a Korean-inspired menu, in May.
Former Philly resident John Legend and his Get Lifted Film Co. will produce a movie musical starring Miguel, slated to start production here in September.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
During a discussion of the April 7 release of his new album, “Global,” Upper Darby's Todd Rundgren revealed he's working on a "humorous modern R&B album" in collaboration with The Roots. Rundgren met the band last year at “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.” The Roots' drummer, Questlove, played DJ at the third annual Philly Club Reunion, at Cheerleaders Gentlemen's Club in South Philly on Friday.
•Designer and “Project Runway: All Stars” judge Isaac Mizrahi strolled through Neiman Marcus at the King of Prussia mall.
• “The Sixth Sense” director M. Night Shyamalan was spotted visiting several galleries during First Friday in Old City.
• Phillies third baseman Cody Asche, catcher Cameron Rupp and their families shared Easter dinner at Del Frisco's. The next night, Red Sox players Shane Victorino and Tommy Layne dined at the steakhouse, while fellow Red Sox David Ortiz ate with several teammates at Fogo de Chao.
• Mayor Michael Nutter kicked off Jazz Appreciation Month by honoring Philadelphia-born pianist McCoy Tyner with a Liberty Bell Award at City Hall. Thursday, the mayor went to the Philadelphia Academies party at La Peg and announced his upcoming role as co-chair of the committee organizing the July 2016 Democratic National Convention.