Chris Brown posed with Global Spectrum management crew before his Wells Fargo Center |Courtesy of Ike Richman1/2 Chris Brown posed with Global Spectrum management crew before his Wells Fargo Center |Courtesy of Ike Richman
The Flyers’ right wing Jakub Voracek answered a Make-A-Wishrequest for Tony Campisi|Sarah Fergus2/2 The Flyers’ right wing Jakub Voracek answered a Make-A-Wishrequest for Tony Campisi|Sarah Fergus
Sometimes gossip is as much about what isn’t happening as what is. After signing its deal last fall to open on 15th and Sansom, Tin Roof — a Nashville-based chain of country music saloons — has stopped operations on its Philly outpost. Apparently, neighborhood businesses believe the block already gets too crowded with people and cars when Ladder 15, Rumor and Oyster House let out and gave Tin Roof’s owners a difficult time with licenses.
Another thing that didn’t happen yet: Tower Investments’ Bart Blatstein’s unveiling of “dramatic redevelopment plans” for Atlantic City’s Pier Shops at Caesars, the property he purchased with architect Paul Steelman for $2.7 million. The event was set for Feb. 24, but the project’s ducks and dollars aren’t all in a row.
After a recent discussion of Olde Bar and his upcoming Buena Onda taqueria at the Granary, Iron Chef Jose Garces mentioned that Volver, his Kimmel Center restaurant, would soon overhaul its year-old tasting menu for spring. He’s already Instagrammed several dishes and is putting last-minute touches on others before officially announcing changes.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
Philadelphia Flyers’ right wing Jakub Voracek fulfilled a Make-A-Wish request for 11-year-old Tony Campisi of Mechanicsburg. Campisi and his family got a private box and VIP treatment, plus a trip to Dave & Buster’s with Voracek, who made certain Campisi won an Xbox One. GM Ron Hextall signed Campisi to a one-day contract.
• Nicki Minaj was rumored to be rehearsing for her upcoming tour (with rumored boyfriend Meek Mill) at the Liacouras Center last week. Meanwhile, Meek, who’s busy prepping for March 21’s homecoming gig at Wells Fargo Center, spent the weekend fighting on Instagram with his ex Fahimah after she followed Minaj’s ex Safaree Samuels.
• Chris Brown hung out with fans backstage at Wells Fargo Center before his show with Trey Songz.
• Cardinal O’Hara grad Jason Morgan, recently made the face of Giorgio Armani’s men’s fragrance, was all over Armani’s pre-Oscars event in Hollywood.
• 6ABC’s Amy Buckman and director Tigre Hill watched the Oscars at Hard Rock Cafe.