South Street’s 84th Easter Promenade gets “some extra razzle-dazzle” on April 5, says host Henri David. This year, the event is produced by Philly Gay Pride boss Fran Price. Come for the Philadelphia Freedom LGBT band, which played President Obama’s inauguration, and costume contests, including what David calls “South Street crazies.” Plus there’s the Bunny Hop crew — “people dressed as rabbits who drag you off sidewalks and onto the stage,” he explains. “Everyone loved them last year, so for 2015, more bunnies it is.”
Jason Cichonski closed his Old City gastropub, The Gaslight, due to a burst water pipe. Just re-opened, The Gaslight has a new menu and a new chef in the kitchen: Jordan Sauter, who previously worked for Modo Mio and Whole Foods.
Todd Herremans is no longer an offensive guard for the Eagles, but that didn’t stop his Hoops for Help fundraiser at Vie. Herremans told the crowd he’s getting ready for his wedding and setting up shop in Indianapolis, where he’s playing for the Colts. Herremans auctioned a guitar signed by Tim McGraw — sold to fellow Colt Trent Cole — and told everyone at Vie that, when he retires, he’ll return to Philly.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
Philadelphia Distilling, the company behind Bluecoat American Dry Gin, is releasing Bluecoat Barrel Finished Gin, a slightly sweeter concoction. Pennsylvania’s Liquor Control Board approved, and it will be in state stores starting this weekend.
• Canadian pop singer Shawn Mendes, who’s opening for Taylor Swift this summer, hit Q102’s studios in Bala Cynwyd last week, while“The Voice”’s Melanie Martinez did a meet-and-greet at the Macy’s Prom 2015 party in King of Prussia.
• New Eagles QB Sam Bradford ate at Davio’s on Thursday.
• Historical fact: Philly was the first city in the country to create its own flag. To celebrate the 120th anniversary of Philadelphia Civic Flag Day, Mayor Nutter held a party with the Taney Dragons and the Fresh Prince’s real-life dad, Will Smith Sr.
• Independence Mission Schools made their first gala a sporting one with “Dancing for Our Future Stars” at the Crystal Tea Room. Attorney Nino Tinari beat out the competition, including DA Seth Williams.