Director Bennett Miller, Nancy Schultz and Anthony Michael Hall at the "Foxcatcher" p|HughE Dillon1/4 Director Bennett Miller, Nancy Schultz and Anthony Michael Hall at the "Foxcatcher" p|HughE Dillon
Chazz Palminteri at Cuba Libre with Suzanne and Barry Gutin, owner of the restaura|HughE Dillon2/4
Chazz Palminteri at Cuba Libre with Suzanne and Barry Gutin, owner of the restaura|HughE Dillon
Mo'ne Davis backstage at Power 99's Powerhouse concert at the Wells Fargo Center.3/4 Mo'ne Davis backstage at Power 99's Powerhouse concert at the Wells Fargo Center.
Eric Jennings, Saks VP and menswear fashion director; Style publisher John Colabelli;|Nell Hoving4/4 Eric Jennings, Saks VP and menswear fashion director; Style publisher John Colabelli;|Nell Hoving
Several names have been rumored as potential “Real Housewives” for a possible Philadelphia addition to the Bravo franchise, with publicist Kelly Boyd, Breaking Glass Pictures’ Susan Helfrich and marketing socialite Sabrina Tamburino topping the list.
Chazz Palminteri dined on seafood plancha mixta at Cuba Libre between Halloween weekend performances of “A Bronx Tale” at Prince Music Theater. The Prince also held a red carpet premiere for “Foxcatcher,” starring Steve Carrell as local multimillionaire John du Pont and Mark Ruffalo as Olympic wrestler Dave Schultz, who was murdered by du Point in 1996 in Newtown Square. While co-star Anthony Michael Hall aptly called Foxcatcher “mesmerizing,” Schultz’s widow, Nancy, was amazed by Ruffalo’s transformation during her on-set visits. “As soon as I gave Mark my husband’s glasses, it was as if Dave was in the room,” she said.
The Roots’ Black Thought and Questlove are helping out their alma mater, Philadelphia High School for the Creative and Performing Arts, by creating the nonprofit CAPA Foundation to support the school after budget cuts, while another member of the family, Quest’s sister, has her own announcement: House music singer Donn T just released the video for “Midnight” from her “Gramophonica” EP (release date Nov. 10) with the promise of a full-length “Flight of the Donn T” to come in early 2015.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
The vacant space at 1921 Walnut St. is being renovated for Atelier Rittenhouse, a fashion-forward design shop from Sharla Floyd rumored to be opening Nov. 7.
Seen on the scene
• Philadelphia Style magazine celebrated its men’s issue at Saks Fifth Avenue in Bala Cynwyd with Eric Jennings, VP of Saks. While sipping a white cranberry martini after a show, Jennings said, “I travel to fashion shows from Manhattan to Milan — this is my passion.”
• Philadelphia’s “Project Runway” winners, Jay McCarroll and Dom Streater , stopped by the new Timberland store on 1709 Walnut during its opening party, which featured a DJ and a violinist.
• Taney Dragons’ Mo’ne Davis made an appearance backstage at Power 99’s Powerhouse on Friday, starring Chris Brown, T.I. and Ne-Yo at the Wells Fargo Center.