Despite engaging in a tussle with a 14-year-old student and being removed from his position, Ken Fells will return as principal of Graham Creighton Junior High School in September.
Fells was reinstated yesterday “given his experience and knowledge of the community,” said Mike Christie, director of human resources for the School Advisory Board.
“This decision was made in consideration of what the community was looking for,” said Christie, citing a formal request from the board.
A video of the March 3 altercation between Fells and the student was released by Frank magazine in early July.
During the initial investigation, police asked a Crown attorney for advice on how to proceed.
No charges were laid.
But earlier this week, Nova Scotia’s Public Prosecution Board could not confirm nor deny that the Crown saw the entire video of the confrontation.
“We have given it to another Crown attorney to view all the police materials and all the evidence that’s gathered including the video,” Chris Hansen, a prosecution spokeswoman said Monday.
But Christie isn’t concerned, yet.
“If there are charges or a conviction then we’ll just have to cross those bridges when we come to them,” said Christie, who ultimately had the final decision.
Christie did not know if the boy involved in the skirmish will be returning to Graham Creighton in the fall.