• 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
• 3 oz (90 g) mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
• 1 tomato, thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 bunch fresh basil, about 3/4 oz (20 g)
• 4 slices prosciutto, about 2 oz (60 g) in total
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon
• 4 oz (125 g) mixed salad leaves
• 1 bunch fresh watercress, large stems discarded
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C). Slit each chicken breast half and enlarge to form pocket.
2. Divide mozzarella between chicken breast halves, sliding slices into pockets. Top cheese with tomato slices and crushed garlic. Roughly chop some basil and sprinkle in pockets.
3. Season chicken breasts. Place large sprig of basil on each, then wrap in a slice of prosciutto, making sure that ham covers slit in chicken. Tie securely with kitchen string.
4. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and sauté over high heat until brown on both sides, 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to baking dish. Bake until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when breast is pierced, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. For salad, put oil and lemon juice in bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, and whisk. Add lettuce and watercress, then toss. Divide between 4 serving plates.
6. Remove string from chicken breasts. Cut each piece crosswise into slices, holding together to keep shape. Arrange on salad and garnish with remaining basil.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca