Hair hue maintenance is another regular beauty expense — don’t even think of suggesting that women who colour should give it up to save a few bucks. But saving here is possible too:
• At-home root touch-up kits stretch the time between salon appointments.
• For the DIY woman, new 10-minute colour kits, such as Clairol Nice ‘n’ Easy Perfect 10 ($15.99) and L’Oréal Paris Excellence-to-Go ($13.99), make the home process easier, faster and safer for hair with new technology that colours without stripping the cuticle.
• Colour-lock products, such as TRESemmé ColorThrive ($6.49 each), helps keep fresh colour vibrant longer.
• Colour-reviving shampoos and conditioners, such as Pantene Pro-V Expressions ($9.99 each), boost vibrancy and sheen without tinting the towels, and in-shower shine treatments crank up the gleam if you’re feeling a little dull.
• Blonds can brighten up with new John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening shampoo and conditioner, or banish brassiness with Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Restoring shampoo and conditioner ($12.99 each).
• Even straightening gets a pro-touch at home with Nexxus Sleek Memory Straightening Smoothing Spray ($13), which works with your dryer and flatiron for easier styling, better hold, and, with continued use, actually makes hair significantly straighter and smoother even after washing.