It seems like the whole world is watching and reacting to what the “Occupy” people have to say.
Even the well-known black and white cows that plaster the sides of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream products are holding “Occupy” signs.
In a statement released today, Ben & Jerry’s Board of Directors announced they back the “Occupy” movement and give support to the cause.
“We…are compelled by our personal convictions and our Company’s mission and values, wish to express our deepest admiration to all of you who have initiated the non-violent Occupy Wall Street Movement and to those around the country who have joined in solidarity,” the company said in a press release.
The directors collectively said they support “this call to action” and are honored to join in to “take back our nation and democracy.”
Metro wanted to figure out what sort of ice cream names the clever creamery company would create if they were to launch a new product in support of the “occupy” movement.
Here is what we came up with, with the help of our readers.
1. South Station Sherbert- Named after the Occupation of Boston’s South Station area.
2. General Acrembrule- Named after the “General Assemblies” each group holds to update the occupiers and take votes.
3. Caramellow Out and Meditate Medley- A swirly mix of various ice creams named after the crowd of meditating members of Occupy Boston.
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Bail-Out- A shout out to the Banks that the occupiers are fighting.
5. Vanilla Beaned by a Baton- Named after the recent swing of a police weapon at an Occupy New York protest.
6. Tent City Choccupation- A chunky chocolate chip ice cream named after the Tent City that took over part of Boston’s Financial District.
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie DOW- An Occupy Wall Street favorite.
8. Mint Mic Check-olate Chip- “Mic Check” is a term used when occupiers use the “Peoples’ Mic” and repeat what a speaker is saying so everyone can hear.
9. 99 Percent Fat Free Vanilla- Named for the “99 Percent,” the name the group uses to describe themselves.
10. Chewey Dewey Square Swirl- A tribute to the space inhabited by the “Occupy Boston” group.