A 50-year-old Chathamman was killed Sunday when his car flipped over a guardrail on I-93 and slammed into an oncoming vehicle in Dorchester, according to police.
The victim's Volvoleft the roadway, struck a guardrail near Exit 14 and went airborne before crashing into a Honda HRV, which was traveling north on Morrissey Boulevard, state police said. The accident occurred just after 12:30 a.m.
A 21-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man in the Honda were both taken to Boston Medical Center with injuries that weren't life-threatening, police said.The driver of the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The northbound lane of Morrissey Boulevard was closed for five hours while the scene was cleared.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Police have not yet released the identities of the drivers.