Alejandro Done, the South End man facing a laundry list of sexual assault charges ranging over the course of almost a decade, was held without bail after South Boston Municipal Court Judge Lisa Grant decided he met the criteria of dangerousness.
The instance on which he was held on Monday stemmed from rape charges from July 29, 2006 for an assault in Joe Moakley Park.
On July 14, the day his capture was announced, Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley said that DNA evidence, witness statements and “unmistakeable patterns of conduct” linked Done, 46, of the South End with at least four instances of sexual assault, each of which involved women who were walking alone on weekends during the summer months.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Conley described these random attacks as vicious and predatory acts from a dangerous person. Having evaded authorities for years, Done was finally linked to at least four of these attacks through evidence obtained from the National DNA Index.
Prosecutors said Done posed as an Uber driver in December 2014 and violently raped a woman passenger whom he non-fatally strangled, then drove her back to her home in Cambridge. He was arrested not long after the victim immediately went to the hospital for a rape kit. They tested his semen, and got a match.
In total, the almost decade's worth of Boston-area instances took place on July 29, 2006 in Joe Moakely Park in South Boston, June 16, 2007 at the Esplanade, July 27, 2007 at the Esplanade, July 13, 2009 at the Esplanade and June 23, 2009 at Prebble Circle in South Boston.
Done is already being held on unrelated charges in a case out of Middlesex County. He will be in court on Tuesday for sexual assault charges on the Esplanade in 2007.