Authorities found a residential meth lab this weekend when they arrived at an Attleboro home in response to an overdose call.
Robert G. Acheson Jr., 52, complained to authorities that his heart was racing, and he was treated at Sturdy Memorial Hospital, where he was arrested after treatment on Sunday afternoon, according to a police report cited in aSun Chroniclereport.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 11 Pictures
“He attempted to try it after he made it, and it made him sick,” Assistant District Attorney Mary-Elizabeth Mack said during the bail hearing, according to the Sun Chronicle.
After officials transported Acheson to the hospital, residents around his triplex unit on Knight Avenue were evacuated while authorities took stock of everything in the home, WCVB reported. A hazmat crew, DEA agents and a bomb squad were all called.
"It's extremely volatile, the products involved," Attleboro Police Chief Kyle Heagney said to WCVB. "If the so-called 'cooker' doesn't know what he's doing, it could cause a tumultuous explosion."
Police Chief Heagney, an officer in Attleboro for 17 years, said it was the first meth lab discovered during his time on the force, the Sun Chronicle reported.
Authorities said that Acheson was charged with manufacturing meth, and more charges could be forthcoming, WHDH added in a related report.