The Celtics will remain at No. 3 in the 2016 NBA Draft after Tuesday night's lottery. The Philadelphia 76erswill pick No. 1 and the Los Angeles Lakers will pick No. 3.
The Celtics had the third best odds of landing the No. 1 pick at 15.6 percent. They had a 46.9 percent chance of staying at No. 3.
"I have alergies," said Danny Ainge, who was sporting a puffy face at his post-lottery press conference. "I assure you I wasn't crying up in my office.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 44 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 10 Pictures
"It could have been a lot worse and it could have been a lot better. It is what it is."
The Celtics have never picks No. 1 overall in their storied history.
In Metro's latest mock draft, here were the top six picks:
1. Ben Simmons, PF, LSU
2.Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke
3. Jaylen Brown, SG/SF, California
4. Dragan Bender, PF, Croatia
5. Buddy Hield, SG, Oklahoma
6.Kris Dunn, PG, Providence
The actual 2016 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 23 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.