A Dedham middle school principal is on administrative leave after she was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
The incident happened on Sunday when officers say Debra Gately was pulled over and arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated,The Boston Heraldreported.
"Based on the seriousness of the charges, I determined the best course of action was to immediately place Ms. Gately on leave so she has the time to focus on her situation and we can conduct a thorough investigation while minimizing the disruption this situation is causing in our community,” Dedham Public Schools Superintendent Michael Welch wrote in a statemen quoted in The Boston Herald.
Gately, who became principal of Dedham Middle School in 2009, was given a “principal of the year” award from the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association in 2015, according to a report from WickedLocal.com.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Gately was arraigned on Monday and is due in court next week,WHDH added.