Firefighters battled a blaze on Babson Street in Mattapan into the evening on Monday.|Nicolaus Czarnecki/Metro1/4 Firefighters battled a blaze on Babson Street in Mattapan into the evening on Monday.|Nicolaus Czarnecki/Metro
Firefighters battled a blaze on Babson Street in Mattapan into the evening on Monday.|Nicolaus Czarnecki/Metro2/4
Fire officials believe a piece of dental equipment caused the four-alarm blaze Monday night at a home and dentist's office in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood, according to official tweets from the Boston Fire Department.
One firefighter and two residents were injured in the fire at 130 Babson Street, near Mattapan Square, the department tweeted.
Two people who were inside the house were treated at the scene, according to the department, but the nature of their injuries has not been made public.
RELATED: Candle sparks Jamaica Plain fire
- PHOTOS: Massachusetts residents make first retail marijuana purchases 12 Pictures
- Prepare for GoT season 8 with this Game of Thrones whisky 8 Pictures
The wounded firefighter suffered an "orthopedic injury" that was described in a tweet as non-life threatening.
Fire crews responded to the house just after 4 p.m.By around 5:45 p.m.,most of the flames had been extinguished, but there were still “pockets of fire” in the home’s attic, the department tweeted.
Fire officials believe the fire was accidental and have estimated damages at $500,000, the department tweeted.