Amid the explosive pops and bursts of fireworks of the Fourth of July weekend, bullets flew on Holborn Street in Dorchester late Saturday night, fatally striking one man and injuring a second.
Officers responded to a report of a person shot near 12 Holburn Street at about 10:50 p.m. An unidentified man in his mid 20s was the city’s only homicide over the holiday weekend. The man was pronounced dead on the scene. According to the Boston Globe, seven people were shot or shot at between Saturday and Sunday.
Witnesses told the Globe that shots rang out from a car before it fled. Another man was grazed in the arm. Police Commissioner William Evans said that 50 officers responded to the scene within five minutes.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The father of the deceased told the Globe that he thought he heard shots fired, but he wasn’t certain with all the fireworks set off in the neighborhood.