For those who insist on driving instead of taking public transit to Boston’s New Year’s Eve bonanza this year, First Night is partnering with SpotHero, an app that lets you book parking spots in advance.
There is a $5 discount with promo code: BOSTON 2016.
Also, don’t forget to mind the road closures:
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- Dartmouth Street is closed from St. James to Boylston beginning Thursday afternoon.
- Trinity Place and Blagden Street are closed all day Thursday and Friday.
- Boylston Street is closed 5:30-7 p.m. on Thursday for the parade from Dartmouth Street to the Common.
If you’re taking the T to the big night, here are some things to know about the NYE schedule.
And here’s a helpful guide on what (and where) you should eat on the 31st.
Other First Night things to know:
- The fireworks over the Harbor start at midnight, there is a family-friendly fireworks display starting at 7 p.m. on the Common.
- All events are free this year, which means there’s no need to go out and buy a “button” to get access to festivities.
- New this year, the celebration includes something called a “New Year Pyrotechnics and Countdown” in Copley Square on the roof of the Fairmont Copley Hotel. “A new tradition is beginning,” organizers wrote on the First Night website.
- See the full schedule, complete with music, dancing and lots of puppets.