|Damian Drella/Twitter1/5 |Damian Drella/Twitter
|Damian Drella/Twitter2/5 |Damian Drella/Twitter
|Damian Drella/Twitter3/5 |Damian Drella/Twitter
|Damian Drella/Twitter4/5 |Damian Drella/Twitter
|Damian Drella/Twitter5/5 |Damian Drella/Twitter
Just four days before Christmas, eight people lost everything in a three-alarm blaze at a sober house in Lynn.
But when the flames woke resident Mike Walsh, his first thought was to grab his daughter's Christmas presents as he made his escape, WCVB reported.
"It's the first thing I grabbed. I almost ran out the house, and I thought, ‘Let me grab those,'" Walsh told the station.
The fire completely destroyed the building and most everything inside, but all eight residents escaped uninjured, WBZ reported.
“That’s all that matters. Everyone made it out and from there, everything else can be replaced,” Walsh told WBZ.
A firefighter at the scene took photos of flames jumping through the roof of the Chestnut Street home.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Lynn MA,3rd alarm fire 259 Chestnut St top floor fully involved exterior operations fire through the roof.all occupants are out. © pic.twitter.com/mEo9fQAoDu— DAMIAN DRELLA (@ENG1SFD) December 21, 2016
Lynn Ma,3rd alarm fire @ 259 Chestnut st. pic.twitter.com/0ZIWN6z2lL— DAMIAN DRELLA (@ENG1SFD) December 21, 2016
Lynn Fire Department officialssaid the fire, which started on the third floor of the three-story home, was most likely sparked by"careless disposal"of smoking materials.
LFD invstgtrs and Fire Marshal's office say cause of fire today at 259 Chestnut was careless dspsl of smkng material pic.twitter.com/Y8EvtIrp0s— Lynn Fire (@lynnfiredept) December 21, 2016