An 11-year-old Massachusetts girl is dead after police and school officials said she choked on a marshmallow at a friend’s birthday party, the AP reported.
Azriel Estabrooks, of Somerset, reportedly died at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence Friday morning, where she was being treated since being found unconscious at the party Saturday.
The girl’s mother told the AP that she got a call from the party’s hosts about an hour after dropping her daughter off. The girl was found passed out and no one realized she was choking, she added.
- 7 things to know about Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray 10 Pictures
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 47 Pictures
The name of the hosts was not released.