A Goffstown, New Hampshire man is facing felony assault charges after allegedly shooting his brother in the head Sunday night during a game of Halo.
Brothers Timothy and Christian Beard, 23 and 21 respectively, were playing the game while drinking together with two other friends, police told WMUR. Timothy Beard allegedly pulled out a recently purchased handgun, and reportedly told police he was playing around with the weapon when he accidentally shot his brother in the head.
Witnesses told the station that the brothers were “best friends” and that no aggression or fight precipitated the shooting.
Timothy Beard’s girlfriend, who is not named in the report, said she overheard her partner say “when a zombie comes, hit him like this, in the head,” the station reported.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Another witness told the reporter Christian Beard replied with something to the effect of “shoot me, I dare you.” Witnesses said Timothy Beard believed the gun wasn’t loaded, per the report.
Christian Beard remains listed in critical condition at Catholic Medical Center.
Timothy Beard’s bail was set at $10,000.