An 18-year-old man was taken to the hospital via helicopter after he was stabbed with a broken golf club during a fight in Breakheart Reservation, state police said.
Police received a call around 5 p.m. Tuesday for a reported stabbing during a fight on the Wakefield side of the state park.
The victim is undergoing treatment for reportedly life-threatening injuries at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Residents can rest assured that this is not a random attack, a statement from the department said. Police told WBZ that the attacker was known to the victim, and that the stabbing occurred during a fight between three people.
One man is reportedly in custody.
Details about the fight and other circumstances of the attack were not immediately available.