The officer shot in the area of 33 Mt. Bowdoin Terrace has been identified as 9-year veteran Kurt Stokinger, a father to a 7-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter.
Stokinger's wounds were desrcibed as non-lifethreatening and his condition is stable, police said Saturday.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
“All indications are positive and we can continue to pray for him,” said Boston Police Commissioner William Evans in a statement, in which he also thanked Bostonians for their words of support following the attack.
Police identified the alleged shooter as 27-year-old suspected drug dealer Grant Headley, of Dorchester.