Mikkeller’s Copenhagen Beer Celebration will make its way across the Atlantic to call Boston home on September 23rd and 24th. The international festival, founded by the beloved Danish microbrewer Mikkeller, brings together more than 100 types of craft brews and the folks who love them for a a multi-day outdoor shindig that until this year had traditionally taken place in (duh) Copenhagen.
To bring the celebration to Boston, Mikkeller’s co-founder Mikkel Borg Bjergsø teamed up with Brian Appel of Crash Line Productions to make the event sure the event is as big and boozy in City Hall Plaza as it is in Denmark.
"These guys are so admired in the global beer community and I think given what we do with Boston Calling on City Hall Plaza, we felt it was a very natural fit for us and for the city of Boston,” says Appel, whose production company also oversees the biannual Boston Calling Music Festival.
Crash Line will also be bringing the noise with local acts — including Tigerman WOAH!, the Barr Brothers and Yo La Tengo — providing live entertainment throughout the weekend. Incidentally, Mikkeller will sponsor andsuds up a custom brewfor this May's Boston Calling.
Snacks will be available for purchase from locals (and Boston Calling regulars) like Roxy’s Grilled Cheese and Tasty Burger, as well as Denmark’s Warpigs Brewpub and their deadly (and ironic) “Texas BBQ" and "American Style Beer.” (We'll take it!)
We’ve included the full list of participating breweries and their hometowns (so far), but ticket holders should be on the lookout for additional announcements in the weeks to come.Early bird tickets are available now through April 25 at copenhagenbeerfest.com.
- 3 Floyds (Munster, Indiana)
- 18th Street (Gary, Indiana)
- Alefarm (København, Denmark)
- Allagash (Portland, Maine)
- Alpha State (Kent, England)
- Arizona Wilderness (Gilbert, Arizona)
- Bagby (Oceanside, California)
- Brewbynumbers (London, England)
- Brekeriet (Malmö, Sweden)
- Brewski (Helsingborg, Sweden)
- Casita (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Evil Twin Brewing (Brooklyn, New York)
- Gigantic (Portland, Oregon)
- Half Acre (Chicago, Illinois)
- Hill Farmstead (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Jack’s Abby (Framingham, Massachusetts)
- Jackie O’s (Athens, Ohio)
- Kees (Arnestein, Netherlands)
- Loverbeer (Marentino, Italy)
- Magic Rock (Huddersfield, England)
- Mikkeller (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Mikkeller SD (San Diego, California)
- Modern Times (San Diego, California)
- Mystic (Chelsea, Massachusetts)
- Oud Beersel (Beesel, Belgium)
- Siren (Wokingham, England)
- Stillwater (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Stone Brewing (San Diego, California)
- Superstition Meadery (Prescott, Arizona)
- Tired Hands (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
- To Øl (Frederiksberg, Denmark)
- WarPigs (København, Denmark)