There was truth behind the hat.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady endorsed Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday during a locker room interview with the media.
With a “Make America Great Again” red hat that was sent to him by Trump sitting in his locker, Brady said: "That would be great. There'd be a putting green on the White House lawn. I know that," about his hope for the billionaire to win the 2016 race, when asked about the hat ahead of the second GOP debate that night, according to reports.
“It was a nice keepsake,” he added, speaking of the hat, which previously brought speculation that the football player supported Trump. “It could be a ... yeah, a nice piece of memorabilia he sent me.”
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Trump previously expressed his support of Brady on Twitter when a judge overturned Brady’s Deflategate suspension earlier this month.