A fire in Chinatown sent two to the hospital and displaced about 40 people Monday night, fire officials said.
The one-alarm fire broke out at about 8:23 p.m. at 84 Harrison Ave. Officials determined that the blaze was the result of a short circuit in a second floor bathroom ceiling. Flames crawled up to the third floor before firefighters could put the fire down.
The Boston Fire Department estimated that the fire caused roughly $700,000 in damages.
- PHOTOS: Blues dump Bruins to win Stanley Cup after agonizing 52-year wait40 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures
The two people taken to the hospital were treated for smoke inhalation and were said to have suffered non-life threatening injuries.