There is never a wrong time to wear an ugly sweater during the Christmas season, but one day a year is set aside to celebrate the tradition.
A few years later, in 2014, it become more than a fun event, and through the Save the Children “Make the World Better with a Sweater” campaign encouraged online donations.
Check out the gallery above to help inspire you to find the best ugly Christmas sweater out there, or follow these tips from NationalDayCalendar.com:
- Animal or cartoon characters with a holiday theme are a great starting place. Think reindeer, snowmen, mice, kittens or elves.
- Select ridiculous colors. The more they clash, the better.
- Embellish. Scratch that. Over-embellish! Pom-poms, bells, felt, tinsle or any other glittery, jingly items laying around the house.
- Add a collar, dickey or ruffle.
- Electrify it! Put Rudolph to shame and go to the head of the team with bright, flashing lights!
- Give it some 80s flair with shoulder pads.