What went right for the Celts …
1. No Rose. Rajon Rondo took advantage of reining MVP Derrick Rose’s absence by putting up 32 points (season-high), 15 assists and 10 rebounds.
2. Showtime. JaJuan Johnson (12 points) and Chris Wilcox (11 points) got out on the break for Rondo and finished hard with back-to-back alley-oop stuffs in the fourth quarter.
3. Big picture. After their worst loss of the season Friday, the C’s rebounded with arguably their best win.
What went wrong …
1. Closing time —The C’s had a steady lead throughout the contest and were up by 12 points with just four minutes left. But Chicago found a way to pull within three with under a minute remaining.
2. Ugly offense — This game won’t be replayed on Paul Pierce’s Springfield highlight reel. He botched a pick-and-roll with KG and turned over the ball in traffic in crunch time.
3. No Scal — Old pal Brian Scalabrine was in the house but did not play, much to the chagrin of the chanting Garden fans.