• 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
• 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
• 1/2 cup of chicken or beef stock
• 1 tsp red curry paste (you can use more if you want the dish to be spicier)
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 can mushroom stems and pieces with juice
• 1 zucchini (medium size) chopped into small pieces
• 1 orange pepper (optional; you can also use red or yellow, medium sized)
• 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 4-6 tbsp. of cold water
• 2 cups of jasmine rice
1. In a two-quart saucepan, add the coconut milk, red curry paste, chicken stock, sugar, fish sauce and tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for eight minutes, stir constantly.
2. Cook jasmine rice as directed on the package.
3. While coconut mixture is simmering, add the chicken, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini and simmer for another 12 minutes or until the meat is cooked thoroughly.
4. Mix the cornstarch and water together and then add to the pot. Mix until the curry thickens. If it doesn’t thicken, add more cornstarch and water to it.
5. Serve over jasmine rice.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes