The Crown has dropped all charges against a 24-year-old man arrested in connection with a shooting in Dartmouth last spring.
Julian Frederick Chittick had been charged with attempted murder, dangerous driving, discharging a weapon and five other weapons-related offences after shots were allegedly fired at a 16-year-old boy on Lakecrest Drive on June 29, 2009.
Police said the boy was seen jumping from a vehicle that quickly drove away from the scene. He received minor injuries as a result of the fall.
A warrant for Chittick’s arrest was issued three months later, and he eventually turned himself in.
Public Prosecution Services spokeswoman Chris Hansen said all charges against Chittick were withdrawn Thursday after it was determined that there was no realistic chance of a conviction because the victim was not co-operating with police.