Dog poisonings caused by teen's pot muffins - Metro US

Dog poisonings caused by teen’s pot muffins

Police have determined the dog poisonings in a Port Perry park last
month were an accident, the result of a local teenager trying to hide
some marijuana-laced muffins from his parents.

The 18-year-old
male, who lives near Poplar Park, dumped the muffins there while
cleaning up after one of several parties he hosted at his house while
his parents were on vacation.

On the evening of March 23, four dogs ate the muffins and became sick.

police quickly identified the baked goods as the source of the poison,
they were baffled as to what the poison was and where the muffins

Initially, some investigators believed the muffins might have been laced with anti-freeze.

Tips from the public eventually led them to the teen, who won’t be charged.

Police say he is sorry and is willing to meet the owners of the dogs to apologize.

More from our Sister Sites