PORT PERRY, Ont. – Police say at least three dogs have been sickened by tainted cupcakes left on the ground in a park in Port Perry, Ont., north of Oshawa.
Durham Region police were called to Poplar Park at about 11:30 p.m. Monday after three dog owners had taken their dogs to an animal clinic. The dogs had ingested some cupcakes left near a tree and became sick.
Police say a veterinarian believes the animals ingested a poison like anti-freeze such as windshield wiper fluid.
Officers searched the park and others in the area, but found no other poisonous material.
All three dogs are in stable condition.