Is there such a thing as Halloween etiquette? – Anonymous
Interestingly enough, yes there absolutely is good Halloween etiquette. Below are six simple guidelines to help you have a fun and great Halloween season.
- 1. Never cross through the flowerbeds going from house to house. Always walk up the driveway or walkway.
- 2. Repeatedly ringing the doorbell is rude and unnecessary. When you arrive at the door, ring the doorbell once and wait for the door to be answered.
- 3. When answering the door, don’t over-scare trick-or-treating toddlers.
- 4. Don’t be greedy. If you’re offered a large bowl of candy, take a little bit, not a huge handful, and always say thank you!
- 5. If the party invitation says “wear a costume,” you are required to wear a costume.
- 6. The hours for trick-or-treating are dusk to 9-ish and then it really needs to come to an end.
• Have a question? Email Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org.